Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Regular 8 stock

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dr.sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2002
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For anyone who shoots Regular 8 film: I just asked John Schwind (my main supplier of Reg 8 film) if there are plans to carry other stocks. He said Kodak is prepared to list EXR50D film (I assume it's Ektachrome, 50 speed, Daylight) but wanted to know if there is a demand for it. There is a demand from me but I would like to see if others are interested. Actually, I'm more interested in some higher-speed film; for about the same price they could offer their 320 tungsten film. I'm all about super big grain, apparently.

    So, would any of you shoot other Reg 8 stocks if they were available?

    David.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i shoot regular 8 now. i'd like to see a negative stock available on 100ft spools. like a vision stock, maybe an asa 100. i'd also like to see a black & white negative. like the plus-X they offer in 16mm. or a t-max 100! the ilford stocks would be nice too.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member blackangus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2002
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    EXR 50D is not an Ektachrome stock, it's color negative rated at 50ASA, daylight-balanced. Same as Pro8/45.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mcarter4121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2001
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That B&W negative would work for me. I'm trying to make some products and 8mm prints would be easier using Neg instead of half processing Reversal to get a neg..

    I could EXPOSE the color for a print, but, onto what stock? I couldn't process it, don't want to anyway.

    I guess the neg color would transfer to video better.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Put me down for some of that EXR 50D and I'd like some EXR 100T to go with it. It would be great to have them in DS8 too.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes, 100T! perfect.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sign me up for ANYTHING in DS8.
    but I reckon the 50D would be coolest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •